Thursday, March 31, 2011

Being Divorced

I have an exhusband who is bipolar.  The very worst part about him being an ex and being bipolar is: he is also the father of my kids.  I don't intend to use this forum to repeatedly bash my ex, but there will be SOME days where bashing him is all I can do to stay sane.  I'll just go ahead and get some of it out of the way right now:
  • Ex is a drunk - needs no explanation, except to say that he has a propensity to light kitchens on fire.  Oh, and piss in the bed.  Truly.
  • Ex is abusive - he cannot control his emotions and when he feels that he is not being *insert violin solo accompanied by vicious eye-rolls* understoodhe flies off the handle.  One of his regular cruel tactics was sleep deprivation.  Apparently bipolars can go quite some time without sleep whilst "cycling".  So, he would continue to subject me to a barrage of nonsense and I would stay awake waiting for the next onslaught of insane giberrish.  Better than being jolted out of a dead sleep with a crazed man drooling in your face.
  • Ex is currently unemployed and living with his elderly mom in a subsidized retired-citizens community.  Not sure why a technician can't find a job, but...what do I know?
  • Ex is a shit father no matter how much he thinks he's a righteous dad. He thoroughly fucked up his first 2 kids and I refuse to allow him to ruin the last 2.

....trying to find something redeeming about Ex. *pondering*....er...um.... GOT IT!  He's a pretty good cook!  There you go.  I try to stay positive wherever possible. *choke*  Oh, and also, I should thank him for the sleep deprivation.  It was instrumental in my being able to stay up partying and acting a fool after I left him and started to GET A LIFE.  So...there's that.  Much obliged, Fuckface.

No comments:

Post a Comment