Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cheese and RICE! I've gone and done it now...

Last week during the Fest-o-Spite, I was messing around on the computer while bored at work.  I, for some unknown and probably very subliminal reason, went to the FAFSA website.  See, it used to be complicated and convoluted and challenging to submit the federal financial aid application.  Now?  Now it's as easy as updating your facebook status. Without even fully realizing it, I had the whole thing filled out and submitted.  One of the boxed that needed checking was the "school code" box so that the school (or schools) you might apply to will receive your financial aid info. I had been looking at a couple of online programs - one at TSU and one at ASU.  The ASU online program was exactly what I was looking for.  Suddenly, and without much forethought, I contacted ASU to apply for the BS-Communication online degree program.  Turns out, I'll be able to transfer most of the lowly credits I received from junior college in California in the mid-90's.

I'm just sitting here thinking about what a difference a year makes. Last year I was all about partying and living life!!!!  Turns out, I can live life just as well with an education.  Even better, probably. I also figure that now that I'm older I'll probably give a shit that I'm spending money to learn something.  This means I'll probably pass mostly everything and keep decent deadlines and bring an online apple for the teacher. In other words, I'll be my 9-year old daughter.

Here's to getting bright, using new words that I don't understand, and fighting educational and financial bureaucracy for the next 2-3 years.  Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment