Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I guess I need to put Armageddon on the 2012 calendar?

My need for order forces me to calendar specific events with each new year. Events such as national/work holidays, kid days off school, daylight savings....and, apparently, the end of the world. Whilst researching the actually day the clocks move forward in spring 2012 I stumbled upon the following list on the http://www.day-finder.com/ website:

When are other Important Days in 2012?
Huh. mmmmm'kay. So, should I put that one on the calendar? If I do calendar it, when should I set the reminder? Fifteen minutes? A week? What is the customary reminder for the end of the world calendar notice? WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! The calendar says the end of the world is December 21st, 2012. Do you know that today is December 21st, 2011! WHAT THE ??

Listen. I don't believe in coincidence. But I do believe in weird shit. Like zombies. And Tinkerbell. And I think it's no coincidence that I just now got a paper cut without touching any paper whatsoever. Unless I got it earlier and just now noticed. Still. I find it strange and mystical. And I bet that wound is totally related to the fact that one year from today, the world will end according to Nostradamus. Won't it be a trip if the prediction is actually right and we all disintegrate? I'm not much a believer in psychic shit, so I won't be giving all my worldly possessions to some crackpot spiritual leader. I won't be spending my last dollars on whores and whisky. I won't walk off the job on the 20th of December 2012 and tell my boss to go fuck herself sideways. But juuuuust in case...I will likely have a quiet dinner at home with ALL my loved ones. You know....just.in.case.

No comments:

Post a Comment