Friday, May 13, 2011

Nature vs. Nurture = Homeless people

So, I found out that my ex-husband is now living out of his car. Well, technically, it's son's car even though it's titled in Ex's name.

My folks gave my stepson a car several years ago and "we" were supposed to pay them for the vehicle - they wanted the boy to pay for it as a lesson in learning how to be responsible. Ex never made him pay for it...shit. He let the boy drive around with no license until he hit a human person one night. Anyway, I made several payments on it until I just couldn't any more. Ex never paid a red cent. It's a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer with 8-cyl...that bitch GETS UP. Last October he put a few important belongings (one being the TV he bought with a 401k withdrawal) into the SUV and drove it out to California leaving all 4 of his kids in the Houston area. His family is from Southern California and I guess he figured he'd get some family support being back home. His oldest son (21) was supposed to go into the Marines. He's been "on his way" to boot camp since last October. His oldest daughter (18) who had been living with me from early 2009 until mid-2010 had been more recently living with random friends and in February 2011 I put her on a bus to California (per her request). The youngest two, which are also my bio-kids, are with me.

Ex stayed with his younger sister for a time and was supposedly then living with his elderly mother in a subsidized senior living apartment. I'm now told he was back at his sister's house and she put him out last week. He now lives out of the Mountaineer.

So, the really hateful part of me wants to jump up and down and point and laugh and say , "SEE?! You sonofabitch! Anything you did and anything you HAD was because of me. I'M the fucking glue that kep your life and the kids' lives afloat." Because it's the truth. But the more human and compassionate part of me wants to say, "SEE?! You sonofabitch! Anything you did and anything you HAD was because of me. I'M the fucking glue that kep your life and the kids' lives afloat." Wait...okay, I lack an essential gene. Fucking sue me.

This whole situation lends credence to the fact that Nature is a bone-crushing, MMA-brawling, Ninja with the survivability of a Zombie. Because the Stepson is living with random people, the Stepdaughter has called me for money 3 times since February and is now homeless and looking for a motel room that doesn't think she's a transient hooker....did I mention their MUTHER has been a homeless thieving waif since 2008 or so? Except for that 6 months stint in the California Women's Correctional facility last year. That's the best home she's known since 1994.

Nature baby. #Winning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment